One of our awesome customers, Louise made some slow cooker beer bread with our Mourne Mist Pilsner.
Its a bit of an improvisation:
- 3 cups of bread flour (or plain flour)
- Half a cup of oats
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- Teaspoon and a half of rosemary, dried or fresh
- Quarter cup of honey/maple syrup/golden syrup (whatever you have)
- 330ml Mourne Mist beer
- Teaspoon salt
- Sieve together dry ingredients
- Make well in the middle
- Add wet ingredients
- Mix until just combined
- Line the slow cooker with baking paper and pour bread mix in
- Sprinkle the top with a few extra oats and cook on high for 2.5 hours or until done
Notes from Louise
"I had to finish mine in the oven as our slow cooker kept turning off. I reckon it would work if you just oiled the inside of the slow cooker well. But haven't tried it."
"It's lock down friendly, you can substitute most of the ingredients! If you only have self raising flour reduce the amount of baking powder."
We thank Louise for kindly sharing the recipe. If you do try making this or anything else involving our beers please let us know.